Moya McAllister; Styling by Julia Choi
Barbecue chicken is a beloved dinner favorite, but it isn't particularly well known for being easy or quick to make. Thankfully, that's where the magic of the slow cooker comes in. By the time dinner rolls around, you'll have a delicious (and not too heavy) family meal ready to go.
1. Make a tex-mex salad with lettuce, tomato, onion, black beans, monterey jack cheese, and a handful of crushed tortilla chips.
2. Top over thin-crust whole-wheat pizza dough and sprinkle with mozzarella.
3. Top over a medium baked sweet potato.
4. Make a quesadilla with high-protein.
5. Tortillas, monterey jack cheese, beans, and diced tomatoes.
6. Roll into a high-protein tortilla filled with lettuce, tomato, onion, and colby-jack cheese.
Directions: In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Rub mix over drumsticks and place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 4.About 10 minutes before chicken is done, preheat grill or heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium- high heat.In a saucepan, bring to a boil apple juice,...